Some of the programs the society typically offers are:
Monthly lecture series with guest speakers • Museum tours • Walking tours of historic New Castle • Lawrence County Trivia Competition • Sports Hall of Fame • Fireworks exhibits • Ice cream social • Membership & Friends Dinner • Haunted History Walking Tour • Mistletoe Magic • Open House with Santa
- This event has passed.
Lawrence County Trivia Competition
May 6, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFREE - Open to the Public
Event Date Changed to May 6
Event details will also be published in the New Castle News.
- Individual and Team Competitions
- Eight competitions occur each spring before the final winners are decided
- Prize money
- 100 student participants / 6 county school districts
- Tests students’ knowledge of Lawrence County: geography, history, industry, people, architecture, sports & leisure
- Questions updated regularly
- Coordinator & Moderator: Stephanie Fulena, LCHS
- Trivia cards available for sale at the Historical Society’s Gift Shop, in our online estore, and at local schools
To see previous winners, visit our website Youth Education page.