Help us double your dollars today. Donate to our 10K + 10K Matching Campaign.
What is a matching campaign? Every dollar you donate will be doubled. So, if you donate $100 then the Lawrence County Historical Society receives $200 in funds.
Help us raise $10,000 which turns into $20,000 during our Matching Campaign.
The Lawrence County Historical Society is an all volunteer nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and display of the heritage of all the citizens of Lawrence County, Pennsylvania.
Help support our non profit, tax exempt, charitable 501(c)(3) organization. 100% of each donation is used to help support this all volunteer organization.
All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. You are invited to make a donation in any amount you choose. Any and all support is welcomed. We appreciate your interest and support. When you use our DONATE button you can use your Paypal account or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, DiscoverCard, American Express). A Paypal account is not required to make a donation.
The Lawrence County Historical Society (1) will not share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, (2) we will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations and (3) we will only share personal information if a donor gives us specific permission to do so in writing.
The services we provide are quite varied and wide reaching. Here’s a sample of some of the valuable tasks our volunteers fulfill:
- sort and archive “found” objects in our attic
- sort and catalog donations
- help visitors from out of town research their ancestors
- set up displays in the museum
- scan and digitize our voluminous photo collection
- post historical information to our Facebook page
- write quarterly newsletters to the members
- sponsor free lectures and demonstrations to the community
- free ice cream and cake on Fireworks Weekend (July)
- write articles and books
- administer and run the office
- prepare the museum/mansion for weddings or special parties
- design, manage and update our website
Photo credits: Image courtesy of Naypong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net