Some of the programs the society offers are: Monthly lecture series with guest speakers • Museum tours • Walking tours of historic New Castle • Lawrence County Trivia Competition • Sports Hall of Fame • Fireworks exhibits • Ice cream social • Membership & Friends Dinner • Haunted History Walking Tour • Mistletoe Magic • Open House with Santa
- This event has passed.
Historical Fashions – A Century of Style
November 13, 2013 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFREE - Open to the Public
Fashions on display from the Historical Society collections
The Lawrence County Historical Society will showcase fashions from their clothing collection at their November 13th program, 7 PM at the Joseph A. Clavelli History Center, 408 North Jefferson St.
There are approximately 1500 pieces of clothing in the Society’s collection. Society volunteer, Bonnie Lombardo Carlin, has been in the process of archiving the collection for the last three years.
- Styles from each decade from 1880 through 1970 will be showcased
- Among the displayed items are
- December 14, 1904 wedding dress of Mrs. (J.C.) Diana Pomeroy Hanley
- Jane Bryan Lynch’s World War II Marine Air Service uniform
- Lindy Lauro’s suit tailored by his father-in-law Joseph Clavelli in 1963
All Lawrence County Historical Society programs are free and open to the public