Some of the programs the society typically offers are:
Monthly lecture series with guest speakers • Museum tours • Walking tours of historic New Castle • Lawrence County Trivia Competition • Sports Hall of Fame • Fireworks exhibits • Ice cream social • Membership & Friends Dinner • Haunted History Walking Tour • Mistletoe Magic • Open House with Santa
- This event has passed.
10th Annual Member & Friends Dinner
September 15, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$25
Historical Society to Recognize Betty Hoover DiRisio at the 10th Annual Member & Friends Dinner
Join us September 15th for an evening of entertainment and friendship.
Please join us in honoring volunteer and Board member Betty Hoover DiRisio at our 10th Annual Member and Friends dinner on September 15, 2016. The event will take place at the Cascade Park Pavilion at 1928 East Washington St. in New Castle PA 16101.
Honor our past and help us honor and celebrate Betty’s dedication to our community.
> 6:00 pm Social Hour
> 6:30 pm Buffet Dinner
> Following dinner, a program honoring Betty Hoover DiRisio
> BYOB – mixers available
The Society and community are thanking Betty for her dedication to the Historical Society. Here are some of the things she has done for the Society.
- Scanned and organized over 13,000 photographs in our collection
- Involved in updating the archiving system which included creating a searchable data base
- Conducted research for and helped set up numerous educational displays in the mansion
- Writes the history column for The Little Local Paper
- Administrator of the Society’s Facebook page
- Co-researcher and co-author of In Hot Pursuit – The hidden history of the Underground Railroad in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania
- Helped many visitors research their family histories
- Within the past year, she became a board member
Betty and her husband Marc recently moved to Virginia to be close to their children and grandchildren. She plans to continue to help the Society via computer. She will truly be missed!
PLEASE NOTE: Must Purchase Tickets in Advance
Purchse DEADLINE: Saturday September 8th
Tickets: only $25 each
Tickets available from:
- At the Historical Society office / How to Find Us
- Telephone 724-658-4022 / Call Us
- Online store – Purchase Here
Advertising: to place an ad in the Program booklet, call the Historical Society at 724-658-4022
1/8 page for $20. 1/4 page for $35. 1/2 page for $50. Full page $75.
For more information: call the Historical Society at 724-658-4022
Photo credits: DiRisio photo used with permission from the New Castle News.