CURRENT OPENING – Lawrence County Historical Society (LCHS) Administrator
Now accepting applications for the Lawrence County Historical Society (LCHS) Administrator.
Applications must be received by December 1st, 2018.
The anticipated start date is January 16th, 2018.
Applications should be sent to: PO Box 1745, New Castle PA 16103 or email@example.com
Questions may be sent to Stephanie Fulena <firstname.lastname@example.org>
POSITION: Lawrence County Historical Society (LCHS) Administrator
SALARY: $10-$15 depending on qualifications and past salary history
HOURS: Minimum of 15 hours and maximum of 20 hours per week including: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM; attendance at Board meetings every third Wednesday of every month at 7:00 PM; programs every second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM, except June, July, August, September, and December, when there may be other events scheduled that must also be attended by the Administrator. Hours beyond 20 per week must be approved in advance by the LCHS Board.
LOCATION: LCHS, 408 N. Jefferson Street, New Castle PA 16101. Occasionally off-site, including attendance at special events.
QUALIFICATIONS: A college degree with a background in history is preferred. An interest in local history is necessary. Good computer skills are required, including Microsoft Office and Google applications. Good interpersonal skills are required for working with the general public, volunteers, and Board members.
The Administrator will be supervised by the LCHS Board President or his/her designee.
The Administrator will be responsible for
- Managing the duties and recording of time cards for the administrative assistant (s) and maintenance worker(s)
- Assuring workers’ compliance with LCHS Board and other written standards
- Coordinating volunteer and intern duties and projects
- Recording volunteer and intern time and activities; and
- Responsible for recruiting and training new volunteers and interns.
The Administrator is expected to become familiar with the LCHS policies and to implement them as necessary within his/her scope of work. He/she is expected to provide input when modifications and revisions are necessary.
The Administrator is responsible for doing research, writing and submitting applications for grants in support of the LCHS.
- Responsible for opening and closing the annex and museum every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, as well as for programs, board meetings, and special events. Normal operating days and hours may only be changed with Board approval, including closures for holidays. The Administrator is responsible for posting notification of changes to regular operating hours on the entrance doors of the Annex and Museum.
- Give tours of the museum and ensure volunteers are trained to give tours
- Make certain the preparation of venues for educational programs and annual events are done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation of museum displays and exhibits
- Perform community outreach as directed by the Board President
- Facilitate visitors’ research and where possible refer them to other resources in the county
Financial and Managerial Procedures
- Forward press releases as needed
- Maintain the LCHS calendar, schedule events in the museum and annex, and collect forms and payments as required by LCHS policies
- Be present for opening and closing of the facilities for rental events, unless a Board member accepts responsibility
- Ensure LCHS Newsletters are mailed within 24 hours of delivery from the printer
- Accept donations for the archives and send out acknowledgements
- Collect visitor fees and donations
- Check and answer telephone messages and emails in a timely manner
- Manage gift shop, office supplies and purchases
- In coordination with the Building and Grounds Committee, manage facilities and grounds maintenance; and
- Pick-up and deliver mail at the Post Office in a timely manner
LCHS Board Support
- Prepare paperwork and agenda for monthly Board meetings
- Email minutes and treasurer’s report to the Board 24 hours before monthly Board meetings
- Provide hard copies of the above, along with administrator’s report, and committee reports at Board meetings
Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time, with or without notice.
The LCHS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. The LCHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment at this location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The LCHS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference of the ability of the LCHS employees or volunteers to perform their job duties may result in discipline, up to and including discharge.
The LCHS is an at-will employer.
October 24, 2018